View Full Description
That SRM sound... But better
Renowned the world over. The SRM series has achieved legendary status in the world of PA speakers. After proving themselves time after time, SRM loudspeakers have become the go-to-choice for DJs, bands, singer/songwriters and more. Combining phenomenal power, intuitive operation, and outstanding flexibility, Mackie's SRM series can handle anything you throw at it. And now it's had an upgrade...
Experience 'the best-sounding SRM ever' with a plethora of intelligent features. Patented acoustic correction algorithms ensure that every aspect of your sound is delivered the way it deserves to be, whilst a precision 2-way crossover provides smooth integration with the rest of your system.
SRM350 and SRM450 loudspeakers also boast driver time alignment and phase correction. What this does is simply delay the sound from one or more of the drivers to ensure that the transient response remains accurate and impactful. Your sound stays tight and powerful, whilst your speaker's directivity remains consistent.
A pounding heart
At the centre of the SRM450's high-output design, you'll find a powerful 1000W amplifier section driving the custom 12'' LF woofer and 1.4'' compression driver. The amp is loaded with Mackie's Smart Protect™ DSP, providing intelligent protection to ensure that no matter how hard you push your speaker, it can perform reliably and safely.
Hook it up
It doesn't matter what it is. The SRM450's integrated 2-channel mixer will let you connect it. Microphones, instruments, media players, and more. They'll all work seamlessly thanks to Mackie's intelligent Wide-Z™ inputs and ultra-wide gain ranges. Plus, a handy XLR thru connector lets you send your signal out to other speakers. You can choose to send the entire mix, or just channel 1 with the push of a button.
There's also some intuitive sound tools built in for optimising your sound. Four different speaker modes let you get the most out of your speaker for your current application.
PA Speaker mode offers full-range performance, providing mid-range clarity to help vocals cut through with ease.
DJ Speaker mode adds a bit more bass and treble emphasis, whilst holding back the mids ever so slightly, making it ideal for music playback.
Soloist Speaker mode rolls off the low frequencies to prevent unwanted thumps, whilst adding a boost to the mids and highs for that extra sparkle in your sound.
And Monitor Speaker mode rolls off the lows, and attenuates your signal around 2kHz, providing maximum gain before feedback for hassle-free stage monitoring.
Finally, you can use the integrated Automatic Feedback Destroyer to keep your signal clean and clear. All it takes is a single button push, and the SRM450 will do the rest. No more nasty feedback ruining your performance.
Worried you'll break it?
Don't be. Because you won't. Mackie are renowned for their 'Built-Like-A-Tank' construction, and every SRM loudspeaker is built that way. Premium components, ultra-rugged cabinets, and intelligent protection technology keeps your loudspeakers going. Night after night, year after year.
- 1000W system power with custom transducers for gig-level volumes with plenty of headroom
- 12'' high-output LF driver and 1.4'' titanium dome compression driver
- High-Definition Audio Processing provides professional sound with unmatched clarity
- Patented acoustic correction developed with the touring geniuses at EAW®
- Precision 2-way crossover
- Driver time alignment and phase correction
- Quick one-button Speaker Mode selection for application-specific voicing (PA, DJ, Monitor, and Soloist)
- Effortlessly eliminate feedback with a one-button automatic Feedback Destroyer
- Integrated 2-channel mixer featuring dual Wide-Z™ inputs
- Can handle anything from mics to guitars to mixers with a single twist of the gain knob
- Includes stereo RCA inputs for easy connectivity to your music source
- Perfect for singer/songwriters - plug-in to the speaker and leave your mixer at home
- Smart Protect™ DSP protects your SRM450 when it gets pushed a little too hard
- Monitor-specific angle and voicing mode - perfect for cutting through on stage
- Can be flown using the three integrated M10 mounting points (M10 x 1.5 x 20mm forged shoulder eyebolts required (eyebolts not included))
- Highly-durable, highly-portable design
- Frequency Response:
- -3dB: 47Hz - 20kHz
- -10dB: 42Hz - 23kHz
- Max. Peak SPL: 128dB
- Crossover Point: 3kHz
- Dispersion: 90° x 45° (H x V)
- Compression Driver: 1.4'' (36mm), Titanium diaphragm, Ferrite magnet
- Woofer: 12'' (305mm), Paper cone, Ferrite magnet
- Total Amp Section Rated Power: 500W (RMS) / 1000W (peak)
- LF Power Amp:
- Rated Power: 400W (RMS) / 800W (peak)
- Rated THD: Less than 1-percent
- Cooling: Convection
- Design: Class-D
- HF Power Amp:
- Rated Power: 100W (RMS) / 200W (peak)
- Rated THD: Less than 1-percent
- Cooling: Convection
- Design: Class-AB
- Channel 1: Mic-Line (8 k Ohms balanced), 1/4'' TRS Wide-Z™ (1 M Ohm unbalanced)
- Channel 2: Mic-Line (8 k Ohms balanced), 1/4'' TRS, Wide-Z™ (1 M Ohm unbalanced), RCA (25 k Ohms unbalanced)
- Thru: Male XLR balanced (passive when Ch1/Mix switch is in the 'out' (Ch1) position, active when the Ch1/Mix switch is in the 'in' (Mix) position)
- Safety Features:
- Input Protection: Peak and RMS limiting, power supply and amplifier thermal protection
- Display LEDs: Defeatable front power, input signal/OL, speaker mode, feedback destroyer on/off and active filters, system limiter
- Material: Polypropylene
- Finish: Black, textured
- Grille: Perforated metal with weather-resistant coating
- Monitor Angle: 40°
- Fly Points: Three M10 x 1.5 x 20mm (forged shoulder eyebolts required (not included))
- Pole Mount: 35mm
- Power Supply: Switchmode (100-240VAC, 50/60Hz)
- AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250VAC, 10A male
- Dimensions: 663mm x 406mm x 376mm / 26.1'' x 16'' x 14.8'' (H x W x D)
- Weight: 16.8kg / 37lbs