View Full Description
Born for kick drums
The kick drum is the beating heart of a great mix. It brings your music to life. Shure knows this. And have worked hard to create the ultimate kick drum microphone.
The Beta 91A is built to handle incredibly high sound pressure levels. So you can always expect big, distortion free drum tones. And because the condenser capsule provides superior sensitivity to standard drum mics, even those quiet nuances don’t get lost.
With a huge frequency response, the Beta 91A can reproduce ultra-low sub bass and the top end detail. So there's no need for a second mic. The Beta gives you everything you need for a full, fat kick sound. And thanks to a presence boost around 7kHz, you even get extra definition. Finally, you’re kick drums will be heard, without adding EQ.
Two-position tone switch
Shape your drum sound in an instant. The Beta 91A lets you choose between two different voices. Round and natural. Or tight and scooped.
This is thanks to the nifty dip switch on the back of the mic. When engaged, it creates a 7dB cut around 400Hz. Clearing out the clutter in the low mids transforms your kick sound. Whether you need a soft, vintage feel. Or hyped and modern. The Beta 91A gives you the right drum tone from the word go.
Kick mics are notoriously hard to set up. Clunky stands. Crowded stages. And what if the kit slides forward?
With the Beta 91A, it’s simple. Just place it inside the kick drum. No stands. No fuss. And the slip-free, rubber pads will hold the mic in place. And that’s not all - the unique half cardioid pattern hears sound above the mic. So even when resting at the base of the drum shell, you’ll still get plenty of punch from the beater.
And because the 91A can be nestled right inside the drum, its sheltered from chaotic spill. No more cymbal bleed. Just tight, clean drum sounds.
Not just for drums
Despite being created for kick drums, countless engineers are discovering the versatility of the 91A.
Grand pianos and cellos are rich and complex. They need the detail that only a finely tuned condenser can provide. With its phenomenal bass response and high frequency clarity, it’s no wonder the Beta 91A is a popular choice.
You can, and should, experiment. The elegant size and shape means the 91A is easy to move around the room, place in corners or even put it behind the drum kit. You never know what you might find.
Included In The Box
- 1 x Beta 91A Kick Drum Microphone
- 1 x Storage Bag
- Tailored frequency response for capturing depth and punch of kick drums
- Premium condenser capsule provides superior clarity and detail
- Unique half-cardioid polar pattern hears sound above the mic
- Two-position contour switch for ‘natural’ and ‘scooped’ tones
- Compact shape for placing inside kick drum– no stand required
- Built to handle incredibly loud sound sources
- Slip-free, rubber pads will hold the mic in place
- Rugged metal construction for legendary Shure durability
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Half-cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 146Ω
- Sensitivity: -48.50 dBV/Pa - 3.80 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Self-Noise: 29.5 dB(A)
- Sound Pressure: 155 dB
- Connectors: XLR
- Weight: 470 g
- Length: 5.48" / 139mm
- Width: 3.74" / 95mm
- Height: 8" / 20mm