View Full Description
More than just an instrument microphone. The Shure Beta 57A lets you capture a huge variety of sources with legendary Shure sound quality. Boasting a frequency response that has been tailored to add definition and presence. It's the perfect match for drums, amps, horns and vocals, in the studio or live.
A uniform super cardioid polar pattern provides outstanding isolation. So it's ideal for capturing spill-free drum tones. And because the Beta 57A is so good at rejecting off-axis sound, you don’t have to worry about feedback issues from stage monitors or speakers.
Plus, the Neodymium magnet provides much greater sensitivity, which is ideal capturing those quiet details. And with the mic’s higher output, you can take advantage of a hotter signal to really cut through any mix.
Handling noise can be a real nuisance. The Beta 57A takes away that worry. Equipped with an advanced pneumatic shock mount system, the transfer of mechanical noise and vibrations is dramatically reduced. The result? A supremely clean and crisp sound.
Legendary Shure construction
When it's made by Shure, you know it's going to last. The Beta 57A Dynamic Microphone is no exception. The microphone's handle is crafted from robust die-cast metal with an enamel-coated finish. At the top, a dent-resistant steel mesh grille keeps your capsule safe from harm. Combined with high-quality components and decades of microphone building expertise, you can be sure that your Beta 57A will provide you with years of reliable operation.
Beta 57A vs SM57 - What's the difference?
When trying to decide what mic to go for, you'll always find conflicting opinions on which is the 'best' choice. To put it simply, the 'best' microphone to go for is the one that meets your needs. So, what are the differences?
Sound- Both are incredibly versatile, but their frequency responses differ slightly. The Beta 57A's frequency response has been tailored to perfectly suit drums, guitars, horns and vocals, with a slightly brighter high-end and a bit more of a low-end response than the SM57. The Beta 57A is perfect for when you want that little bit extra character and definition.
Design- The SM57 uses a cardioid pattern, whilst the Beta 57A is supercardioid, which provides superior side rejection. The Beta 57A also uses a Neodymium magnet, increasing sensitivity and output level for a much better signal-to-noise ratio. The 57A also has an advanced shock mount system, for even less vibration and handling noise.
In the Box
- 1 x Shure Beta 57A Dynamic Microphone
- 1 x 5/8'' to 3/8'' Thread Adapter
- 1 x Standard Mic clip
- 1 x Storage Bag
- Premium dynamic microphone for live sound and studio recording
- Tailored frequency response shaped for instrument and vocal definition
- Built to handle incredibly loud sound sources such as snare drums and amps
- Supercardioid polar pattern for superior rejection of off-axis sound and tone colouration
- Capsule equipped with a Neodymium magnet for greater sensitivity and higher output
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount minimises noise from vibrations and handling the mic
- Dent-resistant steel grille and enamel-coated die-cast metal handle for tour-tough durability
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 16kHz, tailored
- Sensitivity: -51.00dBV/Pa - 2.80mV/Pa
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions: 160mm x 38mm x 38mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 275g / 0.6lbs