View Full Description
Free 3 Month BPM Supreme Subscription
Up your DJ game with unlimited DJ ready free audio and video downloads from BPM Supreme! Find out more in our news section.
The perfect balance between software and hardware
The Roland DJ-808 DJ Controller brings together the perfect balance of software and hardware to provide you with the ultimate DJ experience. Combining the highest level of integration with Serato DJ with the supreme power and performance of Roland DJ hardware, the DJ-808 presents a whole new range of state-of-the-art DJ tools which create unlimited customisation options and result in a whole new world of creativity.
The DJ-808 is the ultimate controller/ instrument for your desired DJ application, whether it is on stage or in the studio. The DJ-808 also includes a new copy of Serato software to provide you with a professional digital workstation to produce, mix, and perform with.
Serato DJ Pro
Serato Pro is completely designed from the ground up, providing a range of useful features and rock-solid reliability. The interface has been optimised for high-resolution screens, providing crisp and clean visuals, ideal for Retina, 4K and UHD displays.
A Practice Mode is included, allowing you to mix two tracks together without hardware connected. This allows you to test out your blending and mixing, without the need for a controller. New 64-bit support provides bigger libraries and improved reliability. The help section provides you with tips, shortcut keys and tutorials for added versatility.
Quick and simple connection to external hard drives
The Roland DJ-808 AIRA DJ Controller is built with upgradibility and expansion in mind, which is why Roland have provided two AIRA link USB ports for easy and simple connection with compatible Roland instruments and effects, all using a single USB cable. The DJ-808 adds a new level of unique control to your existing DJ sets, using USB to connect other components and easily sync them to your Serato DJ tracks.
Dedicated rotary controls
The DJ-808 features a built-in Roland TR Drum Machine to provide you with unmistakable drums which are known to have defined the sound of entire genres of dance music. The TR drum machine includes a wealth of legendary sounds: Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Hi-Hats and Clap from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-606 drum machines. Roland's famous Analog Circuit Behavior is used to provide all the thump and sizzle associated with the classic instruments.
With dedicated rotary knobs for altering attack, decay, and tuning, the integrated TR Drum Machine develops upon legendary sounds to allow for a truly unique DJ experience. Also built in to the DJ-808 is the TR-S sequencer which can trigger the new 8-slot Serato Sampler within Serato DJ, providing wide control opportunity over mixing and matching individual drum sounds, layering kicks and snares, and building your own drum parts.
Dedicated vocal transformer to transform your vocals
A high quality mic input and XLR combo jack are available on the Roland DJ-808 however a dedicated Vocal Transformer is included to transform your vocals and redefine the sound of your mix. Knobs for EQ, Pitch and Formant are also present which allow you to adjust your sound accordingly. The advanced ducking capability will automatically alter the volume when speaking or singing into the mic so that you can focus on what's important whilst the DJ-808 does the work for you. The VT even features an integrated Auto Pitch function which will match the incoming signals with the key of the track within Serato DJ.
Smooth platter response for quick cuts and scratches
The Roland DJ-808 takes advantage of large, high-quality platters featuring a durable design and a low-latency response for smooth, yet super fast cuts and scratches. All of the essential information is shown through the integrated displays found alongside the platters so that you remain in control throughout your performance.
Another addition to the advanced platter system is the dual deck mode which enables you to control two decks simultaneously from a single platter, perfect for those who seek another level of control of their sounds.
- Built-in Roland TR drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats
- Control the Serato Sampler with the TR-S sequencer
- Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking and Serato key matching
- Velocity sensitive RGB color pads
- Large ultra-low-latency platters with integrated displays
- 4 high-quality integrated Channel FX
- Standalone professional 4 channel digital mixer
- 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity
- Control two decks simultaneously with dual deck mode
- 100mm pitch faders
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ license
- Connect turntables or CDJs with the purchase of a Serato DVS license
Nominal input level
- Sampling Frequency: 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- A/D conversion: 24 bits
- D/A conversion: 32 bits
Nominal output level
- INPUT (1--4) (RCA phono type, LINE): -12 dBu
- INPUT (1, 2) (RCA phono type, PHONO): -39 dBu
- MIC IN (Combo type): -60 dBu
- MASTER OUT 1: +6 dBu (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: +0 dBu
- BOOTH OUT: +6 dBu (balanced)
- INPUT (1--4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater
- MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- MASTER OUT 1: 600 ohms (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced)
- BOOTH OUT: 600 ohms (balanced)
- PHONES: 44 ohms
Residual noise level
- 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz--40 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz--22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz--20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- INPUT (1--4) --> MASTER OUTPUT 1: 83 dBu typ.
- (GAIN knob: min., input terminated with 1 k ohm, channel fader: max., IHF-A, typ.)
- MASTER OUT: 115 dB
- BOOTH OUT: 115 dB
- PHONES: 115 dB
- INPUT (1--4) jacks: RCA phono type
- MIC IN jack: Combo type (XLR, 1/4 inch TRS phone (balanced))
- MASTER OUT 1 jacks: XLR type (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2 jacks: RCA phono type
- BOOTH OUT jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
- PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
- USB Host ports: USB type A
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
- PHONO GROUND terminal
- W x D x H: 668 x 427 x 84 mm
- W x D x H: 26-5/16 x 16-13/16 x 3-5/16 inches
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- 6.8 kg (excluding AC adaptor)
- 15 lbs