View Full Description
The HV-37 features a transformerless input, balanced audio path, and minimal amplifier design, offering the most transparent path from your microphone to the rest of your signal chain.
Clear, Crisp Audio
Your microphone preamp is the critical link in having clear, crisp audio with your personality incorporated, and the Millennia HV-37 is the perfect mic and instrument preamp to achieve your desired effect. The Millennia microphone preamps are a much loved favourite and the choice of guitar greats such as Joe Satriani, who says "the HV-37 has made my DI electric guitar and bass recordings even more transparent and accurate. The headroom is wonderful, and the ease of use fantastic. I love it!"
The convenient rackmount format features an on-board universal power supply, as well as 80Hz highpass filters and 15dB pads, with an impressive sub-3Hz to over-300kHz frequency response ensures that no nuances, however subtle, are lost in translation.
"The HV37’s performance is, by any definition, impressive and sublime...
A good friend uses an eight-channel HV3D for a lot of his location recording work and I have often coveted the fast, detailed and silky, but fundamentally uncoloured and transparent, sound it captures. The HV37 shares that character exactly and impeccably. I was very hard-pressed to spot any significant difference between them."
Hugh Robjohns - Sound on Sound
"I have used the STT-1 for home and pro-studio recording for years now, and it has always been my favorite mic-pre/recording system. Now, the more streamlined HV-37 has made my DI electric guitar and bass recordings even more transparent and accurate. The headroom is wonderful, and the ease of use fantastic. I love it!"
Joe Satriani - Guitar
- Continuously variable gain control
- Front panel instrument input
- DC coupled ribbon mic with 10dB gain boost setting
- 80 Hz rolloff filter
- 48V phantom power
- 15 dB Pad
- Polarity flip
- Internal power supply - 100 to 240V operation
- Minimum Gain: 14.5 dB, 1dB with Pad
- Maximum Gain (continuously variable): 60 dB (70 dB in Ribbon Mode)
- Frequency Response -3 dB:
- 200 kHz
- typical -1.0 dB @ 10 Hz
- typical -1.5 dB @ 200 kHz
- 60 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 30 kHz, Inputs common
- -130 dB EIN
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise:
- 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +24 dBu Out
- Intermodulation Distortion:
- (50 Hz & 7 kHz) 35 dB Gain
- Phase Response:
- 35 dB Gain, 50 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, +27 dBu Out
- < 2 degrees deviation
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio:
- 35 dB Gain, 10 Hz - 20 kHz bandwidth, 100 mV C.M.
- > 65 dB, Typ > 85 dB
- Slew Rate:
- 35 dB Gain, +24 dBu Out
- > 25 Volts per microsecond
- Maximum Input Level:
- 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- +12dBu @ 0.02 THD+N
- +18dBu @ 0.02 THD+N with pad
- Maximum Output Level:
- 1 kHz @ 35dB of gain, THD+N is:
- Phantom Input Impedance:
- Output Impedance: 24.3 Ohms (x2)
- Phantom Powering: 48V dc +/- 2V dc
- Dimensions/Shipping Weight: 19" W x 1.75" H x 9" D, 13 lbs