View Full Description
Unmistakable Moog Sound
The Moog Minimoog Voyager XL Synthesizer was designed in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the Minimoog, and interprets years of experience along with superb quality associated with Moog synthesizers. With fat oscillators and warm Moog filters, you can recreate that unmistakable Moog sound, valued by professionals from around the world. The best features found on the Minimoog Model D and Voyager have come together with some of the latest innovations in synthesizer technology to create the Minimoog Voyager XL. Based on the Minimoog Voyager sound engine, the XL utilises a 100% analog signal path with stable oscillators as well as many other recognisable features, including patch storage, touch surface, pot mapping and extensive MIDI control functionality.
Advanced Ribbon Controller
The Minimoog Voyager XL Synthesizer includes the addition of a responsive ribbon controller, and larger, 61 note keyboard allow the Minimoog Voyager XL to set the standard for professional synthesizers. The Keyboard on the Voyager XL features the same after-pressure found on the iconic Voyager 44-note keyboard, whilst the ribbon controller is a new addition, located on the middle wooden rail of the Voyager XL. It’s center-point is lined up with ‘middle-C’ of the 61-note Keyboard for convenience and ease of use. Other additions include a 4-channel CV mixer, 2-channel attenuator, lag processor, and MIDI-synced LFO. The Minimoog Voyager XL also features the high-end build quality that you can expect from Moog, with a solid wood design accompanied by high-grade components, switches, and plugs.
- Incorporates virtually all of the sound resources and functions of the original Minimoog Model D and Voyager
- 61-note velocity sensitive keyboard with after-pressure
- Ribbon controller with pitch and gate cv outputs
- Touch surface controller with x, y, a and gate outputs
- External audio input
- Effects loop insert
- 2 active attenuators
- 4-input cv mixer
- Lag processor
- Additional LFO source with multiple MIDI-syncable waveforms
- 3 four-way mults
- 20 control voltage outputs
- 3 gate outputs
- 10 control voltage inputs
- 4 gate inputs
- 2 modulation busses
- Solid oak cabinet
- Tilting control panel
- Explore new sonic worlds and let the Minimoog Voyager XL be your guide. Order today!
Minimoog Voyager XL
20 Control Voltage outputs:
- 100% Analog Sound Engine
- 61-note velocity sensitive keyboard with after-pressure (identical to the Voyager 44-note keyboard)
- Ribbon Controller: 500mm, it's center-point is lined up with 'middle-C' of the 61-note Keyboard. Outputs are sampled and available as CV-OUT (-5V to +5V) and GATE-OUT (0V to +5V)
3 Gate outputs:
- Keyboard Pitch (w/ internal trim to calibrate to 1 V/Octave)
- Keyboard Velocity
- Keyboard Afterpressure
- Touch Surface X
- Touch Surface Y
- Touch Surface A (area)
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- Mod Wheel
- MOD 1 signal (signal at MOD 1 input)
- MOD 2 signal (signal at MOD 2 input)
- LFO triangle wave
- LFO square wave
- Mod Wheel Mod Buss output
- Pedal/On Mod Buss output
- Filter Envelope
- Volume envelope
- Sample and Hold Step
- Sample and Hold Smooth
- Ribbon Controller CV Output (-5V to +5V)
10 Control Voltage Inputs:
- Keyboard Gate
- Touch Surface Gate
- Ribbon Controller Gate Output
4 Gate Inputs:
- Envelope Rate CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- OSC Pitch CV (adj. to 1V/Octave) (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- OSC Wave CV (all three osc. affected) ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- FILTER Cutoff CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- VCA Volume CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- VCA Pan CV (-2.5V to +2.5V) Ring-Powered
- LFO Rate CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- MOD Mod1 CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- MOD Mod2 CV ( 0V to +5V) Ring-Powered
- S&H CV (-5V to +5V) Ring-Powered
2 Active Attenuators:
- ENV Release ON/OFF (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- ENV Gate Input (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- LFO Sync ON/OFF (0V OFF, +5V ON)
- S&H Gate Input (0V OFF, +5V ON) No footswitch input
- Active Attenuators are identical to the VX-352 attenuators with the following difference
- Channel 1 is normalled to LFO 2 output. So, if nothing is connected to the Channel 1 input jack, the output of Channel 1 will be the attenuated version of the LFO 2 output
- Channel 2 is normalled to RIBBON output. So, if nothing is connected to the Channel 2 input jack, the output of Channel 2 will be the attenuated version of the ribbon controller
- Expression pedals can be connected to the Attenuator inputs (i.e. they are ring-powered inputs)
- AMOUNT controls gain of -1 (CCW) to 1 (CW). Thus, the attenuators can create an inverted version of the waveform
- OFFSET control allows you to add a DC voltage of -5V to +5V to the input signal. The Attenuator output will be clipped to approximately +/-10V.
- Inputs 1 and 2 can be attenuated via front-panel knobs
- Inputs 1 and 3 can be controlled by Expression Pedals (i.e. ring-powered)
- Two output CV's (+) and (-)
- DC offset can be added to signal via OFFSET knob
- Overall output of MIXER can be adjusted via the MASTER knob
- RISE and FALL time constants are adjustable from 1 millisecond to 1 second (middle is 100 millisecond).
- A MIDI-syncable second LFO source has been added to the Voyager XL. The default frequency range is 0.02Hz (50 seconds) to 20Hz (0.05 seconds). This range was made to augment the current Voyager LFO which does not go slow-enough for some very slow modulations.
LFO 2 can be:
- Free-running (adjusted by the RATE knob on the front panel)
- MIDI SYNC from external MIDI clock
- Directly CLOCKED from a GATE CV via the front panel CLOCK jack
- Controlled via external CV or Expression Pedal via the front panel RATE CV jack
Available front-panel waveforms:
- LFO 2 has two complementary LFO outputs labeled (+) and (-). In default mode, these are the same waveform 180 degrees out of phase.
- Sample & Hold
- Sample & Hold Smooth
- Power input accepts a standard power cable. The Minimoog Voyager XL works from 100-250 VAC, 50-60 Hz
The product price includes 6 years' warranty and 180 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 180 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.