View Full Description
Akai MPC Live
The MPC is famed for it’s no-nonsense workflow. Found in the hands of artists such as Kanye West and John Mayer, the interface is designed specifically, to enhance your workflow. The addition of a 7-inch multi-touch screen means musical expression is literally a touch away. Combined with 16 of Akai’s class leading RGB drum pads (backlit, so they’re suitable for any environment) and four touch sensitive control knobs. These are all assignable to specific triggers, controls and even songs, allowing for seamless transitions with the touch of a button. These are the tools that turn the MPC from a machine into an instrument.
A Portable Powerhouse
Not only is the MPC Live crammed with high spec technology - it’s also available on the go. The onboard lithium ION battery can provide up to six hours of continuous use on one charge. It runs with the 2GB of built in RAM and 16GB on-board storage as standard. You get up to 256GB additional memory from external HDD or SSD hard drives via 2.5” SATA connector allowing you to have un-paralleled freedom in where you create music.
Wealth of Connectivity
Designed with producers and performers in mind, the possibilities in and outside of the studio are endless. If you’d like to use the MPC in the studio as a sampler, there are dedicated and grounded RCA inputs to accommodate turntables. There are also two additional ¼” balanced inputs for mixers, sythesizers, drum machines and other instruments.
Performing live, you can monitor your mixes via the dedicated headphone output. Two sets of classic 5-pin MIDI inputs and outputs mean you can trigger other modules you may have, or it can be used as a 1-in/1-out MIDI interface. Two USB 3.0 connections also support both thumb drives for additional samples and memory playback or MIDI controllers. The MPC not only integrates into your setup, it will become the centre point.
MPC 2.5 Update and Splice Integration
Forever wanting to improve upon their products, Akai regularly push boundaries. In update V2.5, Akai become the first company to integrate the world famous Splice software over WiFi to the MPC Live, MPC X, and Akai Force. All you need is a strong WiFi connection, and you can download and browse your Splice sample library, directly on your device in standalone mode. This huge update gives you access to literally millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, presets, loops, and one-shots, covering every musical style imaginable. Never has it been this easy to access that sample you have had stuck in your head, that loop you need to elevate and complete your mix, or even just that sample you audition, but don’t even use because it takes you on a different path entirely. MPC v2.5 truly breaks limitation to innovation. For more information, see the Akai MPC 2.5 – Release Notes PDF above.
M-Audio BX5-D3 studio Monitor, Pair
Latest Addition To The M-Audio BX Family
The BX5-D3 studio monitors are the most powerful BX5s to date. With 100W of Class A/B bi-amplified analogue power, they are more powerful than previous BX speaker models. Capable of louder volumes with less distortion, these speakers are ideal for professionals, beginners, and anyone in between who requires monitors that deliver an accurate response at any volume.
Military-Grade Driver Construction
The M-Audio BX5-D3 features a military-grade Kevlar woofer boasting a rigid and lightweight construction, delivering outstanding transient response whilst preventing detrimental ''cone breakup.'' The BX5-D3 also features a treated silk dome tweeter, providing the perfect combination of low mass and negation of unwanted audible resonance. These drivers combined produce astounding audio reproduction with dynamic accuracy, allowing you to create a mix that sounds exactly the way you want it to.
The vinyl-laminated MDF enclosure of the BX5-D3 helps to bring out the best of its meticulously engineered features. Featuring an optimised rear mounted bass port that has been made to specific dimensions for deep, defined bass response, the BX5-D3 studio monitors drastically reduce unwanted air turbulence at high sound pressure levels. The custom waveguide tweeter provides reliable and accurate dispersion.
Akai MPC Live
- Standalone MPC – no computer required natively powered by MPC 2.0 Software
- 7-inch full-colour multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software, compatible with Mac & PC
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Selectable inputs: Turntable (RCA) with ground peg and stereo balanced ¼-inch jack
- 6 configurable ¼” balanced jack outputs
- 1/8” headphone output
- 2 pairs of full-size MIDI inputs and outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of premium sound content included from leading sound designers including CR2, TOOLROOM, Loopmasters, Capsun Pro Audio, and more)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- SD Card slot for loading samples and projects
M-Audio BX5-D3 Studio Monitor, Pair
- Bi-amplified design with 100 watts of RMS power for powerful and accurate sound
- 5'' Kevlar low-frequency driver with a high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- The 1'' natural silk tweeter provides astounding transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide delivers precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control enables you to fine-tune the low-end response to your listening space
- Optimized rear port provides extended low-frequency response
- 1/4'' balanced/unbalanced and XLR balanced inputs allows you to connect to audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the ideal monitor playback level for your session or space
- Exceptional frequency response with a wide range of 52Hz to 35kHz to cover a full musical spectrum
- Handy front panel LED enables perfect positioning of monitor angle in relation to your listening position