View Full Description
The Stratocaster from Fender is no doubt the world's most-loved electric guitar, and has been an iconic image since its release in 1954. Its natural, versatile sound made it a favourite amongst guitar players, and still remains as popular as ever. This new American Professional HSS model features that same classic design, with improvements for the modern player.
Body Shape & Aesthetics
Like many models from Fender, the American Professional Stratocaster HSS features an alder body, with comfortable contours that every player will love. Alder produces a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity, and also features lightweight properties that enables it to be played all night long without the heavy strain on your shoulder. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice for electric guitars since the 1950's as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing. For added protection, the American Professional Strat HSS is finished in a Gloss Polyurethane coating in a 3-colour sunburst, and features a full host of classic Fender appointments including aged white plastic control knobs, angled headstock and 3-Ply mint green pickguard.
Deep C Neck Profile
This new American Professional series from Fender offers a Deep C maple neck that has been especially design for comfort and speed. Unlike other neck profiles, the new Deep C features more substantial shoulders which creates a more natural feel in the player's hand, that is perfect for achieving chords and single notes. Mounted with a maple fingerboard, players can achieve a crisp snappy tone, compared to a rosewood.
Narrow Tall Frets
Another new addition on this model are the 22 narrow tall frets which are mounted on the maple fingerboard. These are slightly narrower than standard medium jumbo frets and are effective for bending notes and playing chords with superb intonation. They also offer extreme comfort, and improve hand flexibility.
Pickups & Treble Bleed Circuit
The Stratocaster HSS features a Shawbucker pickup on the bridge, along with two V-mod single-coils in the middle and neck position. This newly redesigned Shawbucker pickup offers a fat tone that will beef up any performance for a classic rock sound. The newly appointed V-mod single coil pickups include a blend of alnico magnets, and are voiced specifically their position, delivering a full host of high-output tones along with vintage warmth and crisp clarity. In addition to offering the perfect rock tones, the American Professional also features a treble bleed circuit which maintains the high-end when played at low volumes. This is a particularly great feature for home practicing when loud volume isn't permitted.
Pop-in Tremolo Arm
Another new addition to this iconic guitar, is the pop-in Tremolo arm which stays firmly in place regardless of how hard you play. The arm tension can also be adjusted to achieve a perfect pitch bending effects.
Real Bone Nut
The American Professional HSS also features a real bone nut, which maintains its classic appearance. The main purpose of a using a real bone nut compared to modern materials is that bone offers an excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
Elite Moulded Case
Finally, no guitar would be complete without a hardshell case. The elite moulded case features body-hugging contours which holds your guitar firmly in place. TSA latches are also included for enhanced security and easy access. This durable case also features a stacking ability, for easy storage and transport.
- Equipped with a two V-Mod single-coil pickups for powerful nuanced tones with high clarity, along with the newly redesigned Shawbucker pickup on the bridge
- Special electronics include Dual 250K/500K Volume Potentiometers
- Treble bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume, offering a perfect tone regardless of the volume level
- Control options include master volume with treble bleed, Tone 1 and Tone 2, along with a 5-position blade
- Pop-in Tremolo arm stays firmly in place and can be adjusted to accommodate the players preference
- Classic Stratocaster details include aged white top-hat control knobs, 3-ply mint green pickguard and angled headstock
- Includes Elite moulded case for storage and transportation
- Deep C shaped neck profile provides a comfortable feel
- Narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and achieve perfect intonation
- Maple fingerboard mounted on maple neck
- Real Bone nut enhances resonance and sustain
- Iconic body shaped crafted from alder, for a lightweight and comfortable feel
Body & Bridge
- Series: American Professional
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Bridge: 2-point Synchronised Tremolo w/Bent Steel Saddles
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Colour: 3-Colour Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: Deep C
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Construction: 4 Bolt
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex Dual Adjust
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
Electronics & Hardware
Bridge Pickup: Shawbucker 1
- Middle Pickup:V-Mod Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume w/Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck and Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Tuning Machines:Fender Standard Cast/Staggered Modern
- Control knobs: Aged White top hats
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Case: Elite Moulded Case