View Full Description
Solid Engelmann Spruce Top & Solid Mahogany Body
The Faith Neptune Baby Jumbo features an entire solid wood construction for a superior tone and incredible dynamic response. Its solid engelmann spruce top yields crisp articulation and slightly richer mid-range than sitka spruce. The solid top's smooth tone provides a versatile soundboard that is able to accommodate numerous genres and techniques with equal ease, from fingerpicking styles to heavier strumming patterns. Furthermore, the solid engelmann spruce top is paired with solid mahogany back and sides that add warmth, resonance and plenty of emphasis to the bass and trebles, providing the player with a rich, complex, and full-bodied sound that is more well-known as the 'classic' acoustic voice.
Mahogany Neck & Macassan Figured Ebony Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from mahogany, the Neptune Baby Jumbo offers a quick and dynamic response with plenty of warmth and resonance. Mahogany's nature allows it to respond superbly to numerous playing styles and techniques with ease, perfect for getting creative and unleashing true potential. Furthermore, the neck is topped with a Macassan figured ebony fingerboard that adds ringing sustain, plenty of bite and a bright sizzle to the guitar's overall tone. For added aesthetic appeal, the fingerboard also features Faith's majestic 'F' logo placed on the 12th fret and inlaid in mother of pearl for an elegant look.
Baby Jumbo Cutaway Body
The Faith Neptune Acoustic features a scaled down jumbo cutaway body, providing the player with the same powerful voice that a full-sized and more traditional jumbo can project, but within a more comfortable size. Its size is also ideal for those that find full-sized jumbos a little to much to handle as the baby jumbo is easy to hold close to the body and offers comfort throughout both seated and standing performance. For added comfort, the Neptune Baby Jumbo features a Venetian cutaway profile, providing easy access to upper frets and more challenging chords, perfect for experimenting comfortably with more technical skills. Furthermore, removing the bulky body and replacing it with a slimmer, more compact size and a 16'' lower bout also provides comfort, and sonically produces plenty of balance, definition and superb acoustic volume.
Shadow Performer Preamp
The Faith Neptune Baby Jumbo comes equipped with quality electronics that enable the player to take this stunning guitar to the stage or studio; perfect for the gigging or recording guitarist and performing singer/songwriter. In addition, the Neptune Baby Jumbo is fitted with a Shadow Nanoflex pickup that will project each string played purely and clearly, enabling the player to hear each stunning nuance this solid wood construction produces. Furthermore, the Neptune also features a side mounted Shadow Performer preamp with built-in EQ that includes volume, bass, and treble, allowing the player to tweak their amplified sound to personal preference. Lastly, the preamp comes with a built-in tuner which can be used whether playing acoustically or amplified.
Patrick James Eggle Bracing
The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design and is made from quarter-sawn spruce, offering reinforced structure with enhanced tone and volume. Bracing serves two purposes, to stop the guitar from collapsing under string tension, and to shape the guitar's sound. The Patrick James Eggle X-brace design forms an X shape that intersects just behind the sound hole, giving support and stability to your guitar, and a rich, beautifully balanced tone with superb volume, projection.
Patrick James Eggle & Faith
Patrick James Eggle had a major input to the design of many of the Faith family and built his first guitar at the age of fifteen as a school project. By the time he had completed it, he was already completely dissatisfied by the outcome of his project, and decided to pull it apart and start again from scratch. This started a life long obsession which lead him to fame and has now gained an incredible reputation among collectors and players for his uncompromising quality and amazing eye for a tasteful design. His commitment to producing guitars of the highest quality tone, finish, and playability is extremely popular. Faith was created in 2002 by an exclusive group of veteran guitar specialists, led by the legend himself Patrick James Eggle. He has trained each new staff member in hand-building and hand-finishing techniques that have characterised Patrick James Eggle guitars for decades.
With workshops located in West Java, Indonesia, Faith have dedicated their working lives to both sustainable and ethical manufacturing processes, and are extremely conscious of environmental and human resource concerns. Each Faith model is produced in accordance with this vision and radiates the elegance of craftsmanship and superior tonal sounds for which Patrick James Eggle's designs are so well known.
- Ideal for live performance and studio work due to built-in Shadow Performer electronics
- Comfortable size and affordable for the singer/songwriter craving a solid-wood construction for recording, composing and gigging
- All-solid wood construction for a rich sonic performance
- Baby jumbo body provides a comfortable playing experience whilst projecting a loud, full acoustic voice
- Cutaway profile provides comfort and easy access to more challenging chords
- Patrick James Eggle bracing for a richer, louder acoustic voice
- Equally suited to meatier strumming patterns and picking techniques
- Gold grover rotomatic machineheads for precise, stable and easy tuning
- Abalone rosette and mother of pearl F inlay for added aesthetic appeal
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Type: Neptune w/ Cutaway - Baby Jumbo Cutaway
- Bridge Type: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins: Macassan Figured Ebony w/ Abalone Dot
- Bracing Material: Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern: Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Binding: Indonesian Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back/Sides Finish: Satin
- Colour: Natural
- Rosette: 5 mm Abalone w/ Fibre Border
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Joint: Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design
- Fingerboard Material: Macassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Inlay: 'F' Logo 12th Fret
- Nut Material: TUSQ
- Nut Width: 43 mm
- Scale Length: 650 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic w/ Black Buttons
- Pickup: Shadow Nanoflex
- Preamp: Shadow Performer
- Preamp Controls: Volume/Tuner/Bass/Treble
- Case: Hard Case Included