View Full Description
Integral Digital Tuning
The DSR215's integral digital tuning combines precise 48-bit digital sound processing with advanced electronic and acoustic technology to provide a full, high definition sound. The FIR-X tuning optimises the frequency and phase response whilst altering the time alignment between the high and low frequency transducers, resulting in a sound that's purer than that with typical crossovers.
A high performance processor ensures optimal sound quality through the precise 48-bit internal processing. The DSR215 has an approximate increase of 3dB in S/N thanks to precise AD and DA converters, excellent S/N ratio, and dynamic range.
Intelligent Dynamic Control
Featuring a dynamic-CONTOUR processor, the DSR215 provides an ideal balance of dynamic sound and consistent clarity at any output level. The multi-band processor consistently monitors the output of multiple frequency bands and sends the data back into the sensing system. After calculating the best EQ adjustments under each frequency band, the processor presents the maximum sound pressure level while maintaining musicality. The inclusion of this dynamic control allows continuous, natural sound reproduction irrespective of volume and output. The D-CONTOUR may also be turned off depending on the acoustic environment and type of sound wanted.
Powerful Digital Drive
The Yamaha DSR215 offers up to 1500W of peak power due to its high-quality Class-D amplification. The amp delivers precision damping for a tight sound. And with the combination of custom-designed transducers and intelligent DSP, the DSR series provides the highest levels of power within their class. Power Factor Correction (PFC) is engineered to harmonise the phases of the load current and power supply voltage to ensure reliable operation under stressful conditions. A full resonance switching method uses voltage resonance and current resonance for a clean power supply waveform. This results in minimal high frequency noise and an efficient power supply to ensure a full and reliable performance every single time.
The entire internal structure of the DSR215 is designed to prevent heat buildup. As a result, the lifecycle of the components is dramatically increased. Not only is the internal structure engineered for protection, but it also maximises the quality of sound reproduced. One example is how the DSP is shielded from the rest of the components to protect itself from creating noise interference.
Extensive DSP Protection
As previously mentioned, the DSP unit is shielded from the rest of the components, and this is just one example of how the DSP-controlled protection ensures reliable operation. Each component, transducer, power amplifier, and power supply is also protected with a 3-way fail-safe protection system. You can monitor the status of the DSR215 through a white LED that sits behind the front grille. When operating, the LED illuminates and indicates the onset of system limiting. Its brightness varies depending on the amount of limiting, making it easier to ensure optimal mixing levels.
Some of the most vital components within the DSR series are the premium grade, custom-designed transducers. These low-distortion units provide an extremely flat frequency response, wide dynamic range, and high power handling. The transducers offer powerful, deep bass tones, a rich mid-range, and accurate high frequencies up to 20kHz. A 2" titanium diaphragm Neodymium compression driver produces transparent highs and an overall powerful sound with minimal distortion, even at high output levels. The dual low frequency drivers feature strong Ferrite magnets and 2.5" voice coils. The light magnets ensure a lightweight cabinet that still allows the DSR215 to emit a warm, deep bass response.
Another vital component of the Yamaha DSR215 loudspeaker is the waveguide horn which provides excellent coverage without irregularities. The wide dispersion horn ensures a balanced sound pattern with 90° x 60° coverage. The waveguide horn means that sound is uniformly dispersed across the listening space.
Reliable & Robust Housing
Each speaker within the DSR series is engineered for excellent reliability both physically and electronically. The deep pocket handles are comfortable to use and allow for easy transportation of the speaker. Heavy-duty steel grilles protect the internal components against the demanding conditions of the road, whilst the LINE-X coating provides extremely high damage resistance.
- High-powered 2-way active loudspeaker system
- Driven by a new 1300W Class-D amplifier
- Capable of producing a huge max. SPL of 138dB
- Perfect for live sound applications that require simple setup with excellent SPLs
- Dual cast frame 15'' woofers and a Neodymium compression driver
- Reproduces a wide frequency range with well-contoured bass and crystal-clear treble
- Ultra-precise 48-bit digital sound processing
- D-CONTOUR (Dynamic-CONTOUR) multi-band dynamic processing
- Amplifier boasts PFC switching mode PSU for maximum reliability
- Extensive protection for every component from high-performance DSP
- Exclusive 90° x 60° waveguide horn
- Extended bass response for a powerful low-end
- Heavy-duty 160gauge (1.6mm) steel front grille
- Locking IEC power cable
- Speaker Type: Dual 15'' 2-way, bi-amp powered speaker, bass-reflex type
- Frequency Range: 45Hz - 20kHz (-10dB)
- Frequency Response: 55Hz - 18kHz (-3dB)
- Coverage Angle: 90° x 60° (H x V) constant directivity horn
- LF Drivers: 2 x 15'' cone, 2.5'' voice coil, Ferrite magnet
- HF Driver: 2'' Titanium diaphragm compression driver, 1'' throat, Neodymium magnet
- Crossover: FIR-X tuning (linear phase FIR filter)
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7kHz
- Output Power:
- Dynamic: 1500W (LF: 1020W, HF: 480W)
- Continuous: 1300W (LF: 850W, HF: 450W)
- Maximum Output Level: 138dB SPL (1m, on axis)
- I/O Connectors:
- Input: XLR-3-31 x 1 (balanced), TRS jack x 1 (balanced)
- Output: XLR-3-32 x 1 (balanced), Parallel connection with INPUT
- Input Impedance:
- Input 1 - Line: 12 k Ohms
- Input 1 - Mic: 8 k Ohms
- Input Sensitivity: Level - maximum
- Input 1 - Line: 0dBu
- Input 1 - Mic: -25dBu
- Input Sensitivity: Level - centre
- Input 1 - Line: +7dBu
- Input 1 - Mic: -18dBu
- Maximum Input Level:
- Input 1 - Line: +24dBu
- Input 1 - Mic: -11dBu
- Processors: D-CONTOUR (Dynamic CONTOUR) - ON / OFF
- FRONT LED DISABLE
- Cooling: Natural convection
- Material: Wood
- Finish: LINE-X®
- Colour: Black
- Handles: Side x 2
- Power Requirements: 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- 1/8 Power Consumption: 140W
- Dimensions: 467mm x 1158mmm x 520mm / 18.4'' x 45.6'' x 20.5'' (W x H x D)
- Weight: 49.8kg / 110lbs