View Full Description
The TB-303 has evolved into the Roland AIRA TB-3, engineered for today's players but keeping in mind its lineage as one of the staples of electronic music.
Since the '80s, the TB-303 has been a prime element in the creation of groundbreaking electronic dance tracks. Cherished so much by inventive musicians, it's not only been used to write hits, but had a song written about it!
Faithfully Recreated Sounds
The AIRA TB-3 emulates the individual circuit behaviour that has made the TB-303 an indispensible bass synth. Crafted using the original specification sheets, with fully reproduced saw-tooth and square-wave oscillators, as well as the -18dB/octave ladder low pass filter used in the original, the TB-3 captures the unmistakable cutoff and resonance. Every aspect of the TB-303 sound is there.
Loaded with 134 sounds, the TB-3 contains not only faithful reproductions of sought-after 303 tones but living, breathing bubbling synth basses, hard distortion basses, trippy delays and drippy effects.
The unique Roland TB Bass Line not only sounds unique, it has an unmistakable feel too. The Accent, Slide and Step Sequencer behave just like they did on the original TB-303. But the TB-3 is not a copy. Engineers have worked on evolving the TB-3 so it's fit for today's players and futureproofed with a pressure sensitive Touch Pad and dedicated Tempo control with Shuffle and Tap Tempo.
Brightly lit in green and red, the TB-3's Touch Pad lets you seamlessly create patterns and interact with the unit during performance. Tweak pitch, volume, filters and control modulation just by pressing on the pad. Finger gestures control transpose, switch and chain patterns, and the Touch Pad is partitioned with keyboard spaces making it natural and intuitive to play.
AIRA Series Compatibility
Designed to play seamlessly with the other products in the Roland AIRA series, the TB-3 can sync with each of them as well as other external devices. The TB-3 can also send and receive Audio and MIDI data using a USB connection to your computer.
Features / Specifications
New features in the Roland AIRA TB-303
- Pressure-sensitive Touch Pad
- 134 captivating sounds including effects-processed waveforms
- Dedicated Tempo control with Shuffle and Tap Tempo
- Control built-in effects with smooth, responsive knobs
- 7 segment, 3 character LED display
- Seamless switch between pattern creation and performance
- 16-step indicator lights to aid in pattern creation
- Pattern support for up to 32 steps
- Easy access to Shuffle control for bass lines that groove
- Enter steps manually or record realtime on the Touch Pad
- Change Step Count during playback to create different length phrases
- Random pattern generation and pattern modification
- Pattern copy
- Multi-Effects: 2 Systems, 10 Types (Comp, Ring Mod, Bit Crasher, Tremoro, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Pitch Shift, Reverb
- Distortion: 25 Types
- User Patterns: 64
- Maximum Step: 32 Steps (each pattern)
- Cutoff Knob
- Resonance Knob
- Accent Knob
- Effect Knob
- 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
- Phones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- Out (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4 inch TRS phone type
- MIDI In/Out Connectors
- USB Port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
- DC In Jack
- AC Adaptor or USB Bus Power
- Width: 240 mm
- Depth: 173 mm
- Height: 57 mm
- Weight: 820 g
- Owner's Manual
- Safety Leaflet
- AC Adaptor