View Full Description
The Stratocaster from Fender is no doubt the world's most-loved electric guitar, and has been an iconic image since its release in 1954. Its natural, versatile sound made it a favourite amongst guitar players, and still remains as popular as ever. This new American Pro HH model features that same classic design, with improvements for the modern player.
Body Shape & Aesthetics
Like many models from Fender, the American Professional Stratocaster HH features an alder body, with comfortable contours that every player will love. Alder produces a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity, and is also lightweight enabling the guitar to be played all night long without strain on your shoulder. Fender have used alder as their tonewood of choice for electric guitars since the 1950's as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing. The American Professional Strat HH is finished in a Gloss Polyurethane coating in a 3-Tone Sunburst, and features a full host of classic Fender appointments including aged white plastic control knobs, angled headstock and 3-ply mint green pickguard.
Deep C Neck Profile
This new American Professional series from Fender offers a Deep C maple neck designed for comfort and speed. Unlike other neck profiles, the new Deep C features more substantial shoulders which creates a more natural feel in the player's hand, perfect for chords and single notes. Mounted with a rosewood fingerboard, players can achieve a mellow tone, compared to a maple.
Narrow Tall Frets
Another new addition on this model are 22 narrow tall frets which are mounted on the rosewood fingerboard. These are slightly narrower than standard medium jumbo frets and are effective for bending notes and playing chords with superb intonation. They also offer extreme comfort, and improve hand flexibility.
Pickups & Treble Bleed Circuit
The Stratocaster HH features set of newly redesigned Shawbucker pickups, that offer a fat tone that will beef up any performance for a classic rock sound. Both pickups are voiced specifically for their position, delivering vintage warmth, along with powerful, nuanced tones. In addition to offering the perfect rock tones, the American Professional also features a treble bleed circuit which maintains the high-end when played at low volumes. This is a particularly great feature for home practice when loud volume isn't permitted.
Pop-in Tremolo Arm
Another new addition to this iconic guitar, is the pop-in Tremolo arm which stays firmly in place regardless of how hard you play. The arm tension can also be adjusted to achieve perfect pitch bending effects.
Real Bone Nut
The Stratocaster HH also features a real bone nut, which maintains its classic appearance. The main benefit of a real bone nut compared to modern materials is that bone offers an excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
Elite Moulded Case
Finally, no guitar would be complete without a hardshell case. The Elite moulded case features body-hugging contours which holds your guitar firmly in place. TSA latches are also included for enhanced security and easy access. This durable case is also stackable for easy storage and transport.
- Equipped with a two newly redesigned Shawbucker pickups delivering warm, rich tones
- Treble bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume, offering a perfect tone regardless of the volume level
- Control options include master volume with treble bleed, Tone 1 and Tone 2, along with a 5-position blade
- Pop-in Tremolo arm stays firmly in place and can be adjusted to accommodate the players preference
- Classic Stratocaster details include aged white top-hat control knobs, 3-ply parchment pickguard and angled headstock
- Includes Elite moulded case for storage and transportation
- Deep C shaped neck profile provides a comfortable feel
- Narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and achieve perfect intonation
- Rosewood fingerboard mounted on maple neck
- Real Bone nut enhances resonance and sustain
- Iconic body shaped crafted from alder, for a lightweight and comfortable feel
- Series: American Professional
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Colour: 3-Tone Sunburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: Deep C
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Neck Construction: 4 Bolt
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex Dual Adjust
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Hardware & Electronics
Bridge Pickup: Shawbucker 2
- Neck Pickup: Shawbucker 1
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Pos 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Pos 2. Inside Coils of Both Pickups, Pos 3. Both Full Pickups, Pos 4. Outer Coils of Both Pickups, Pos 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 2-point synchronized tremolo with bent steel saddles and pop-in tremolo arm
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Control knobs: Aged White top hats
- Strings:Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Case: Elite Moulded Case