View Full Description
Control Your Synth via Guitar or Microphone
The Convertor+ from Sonicsmith is a unique tool that allows you to control external analog synths using an electric guitar, bass guitar or microphone. The audio controlled synthesizer features a single audio controlled oscillator, designed to extract gate, pitch, envelope and trigger CV signals from an audio input.
The onboard sound engine is analog, delivering classic warmth and grit. Unlike conventional analog VCOs, the ACO never goes out of tune and boasts an eight octave range of detection. It can also play and square and sawtooth waves together, which can be blended seamlessly using the WAVE mix knob.
Auto-Tracking Filtering Learns Your Pitch
One of the most unique features of the Convertor+ is the auto-tracking filter. This custom-designed filter captures the pitch of your audio with optimal precision. It can also virtually ‘learn’ the frequency of your monophonic analog audio input. This allows you to play analog synth waves, capturing the pitch while you play.
It provides you with an eight-octave detection range with a quick reaction time of 5-12 micro-seconds. The auto-tracking filter can work in either 2-pole or 4-pole configurations, providing superior tracking abilities to conventional analog solutions. The integrated input preamps provides you with a clean range of 40dB, allowing you to incorporate virtually any synth signal.
The Convertor+ features am envelope follower with a versatile control with a wide range. The envelope follower allows you to control the shape of your sound, from positive to reverse shapes. There is also a second envelope follower on the sidechain input, providing another way to control the ENV of your synth.
Providing a wide range of patch points, the Convertor+ can be used to process a variety of signals. The Octave CV and Harmony CV inputs duplicate the functionality of the Wave mix knobs. This allows you to arpeggiate your synth from an external CV source. The CV outputs are accompanied by dual stereo minijacks as well as a thru jack. The thru jack duplicates the input, providing the means to chain other synths.
- Single ACO audio-controlled synthesizer
- Extracts gate, pitch, envelope and trigger CV signals from a single audio input
- Plays internal analog synth with both square and sawtooth waves along with the input
- Input auto-adjusting filter can work in 2 pole (faster) or 4 pole (tighter)Powerful Input preamp with clean 40dB range
- Envelope follower with continuous control from positive to reverse shape
- Side chain minijack input can feed the second ENV follower for alternative ENV path 2 thru jacks duplicate the main input and side-chain input for unlimited daisy chaining
- 9V battery operation or standard 9V pedal supply
- Dual level meters for main input and side chain input
- Input auto-filter is assignable to the output where it’s audible
- Robust 2mm aluminium casing