Soundcraft GB8-40 40-Channel Mixer
Soundcraft GB8-40 40-Channel MixerDetails
The Soundcraft GB8-40 40-channel mixer is designed for use in churches and performance venues, or as part of a small touring sound system. It can be used on Front of House or monitor duties, thanks to its dual-mode topology with fader control of group or aux outputs.
Product Ref: 38502View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Simultaneous Channel Editing
The GB8-40 has four full-function stereo channels and four stereo returns. There are four mute groups to allow several channels to be muted simultaneously, and stereo recordings of the mix are easier to create thanks to the limiter on both the Record and Alternate stereo outputs.
The output matrix has eleven feeds to four outputs, being fed from the eight group buses and the main L, R and C mono outputs. The rear connector panel slopes, making it easier to configure from the front of the desk, and the integral power supply has a link option for an external back-up PSU.
Ruggedly-built, the GB8-40 is designed to be reliable under the most strenuous conditions, with all input modules constructed with individual vertically-mounted PCBs fitted to the steel chassis front panel with individually-nutted potentiometers.
- Analogue/Digital: Analogue
- Frame Size: 40
- Stereo Channels: 4
- Digital I/O: No
- FX Processors: 0
- Fixed Send (Group) Buses: 8
- EQ Bands: 4
- Variable Send (Aux) Buses: 8
- Returns: 5
- Direct Outputs: Yes
- Matrix Buses: 4
- Main Bus Out: LRC
- Total Inputs : 40 Total
- Mic/Line Inputs:
- 40 Line: 1/4" TRS Phone
- 40 Microphone: 3-pin XLR
- Stereo Line Inputs: 4 Stereo: L/R Paired 1/4" Phone Line & 3-pin XLR Microphone
- In-Line Inputs/Returns: No
- AUX Sends: 8 Aux Sends
- AUX Returns: 4 Stereo Returns
- Inserts: 1/4" TRS Phone - Mono Inputs, Main Output and Subgroup Outputs
- BUS (Group) Outputs: 8 Subgroups: Balanced 3-pin XLR
- 2 Trk Master I/O: Mix L/R: Stereo Paired 3-pin XLR Balanced
- ALT I/O: ALT Stereo: L/R Stereo Paired 1/4" Output
- Monitor Outputs: Monitor: L/R Stereo Paired 1/4" TRS Phone
- EQ Section High Filter:
- 13kHz, +/- 15dB, 2nd order shelving
- Hi-Mid: 550Hz - 13khz, +/- 15dB, Q=1.5
- Lo-Mid: 80Hz - 1.9kHz, +/- 15dB, Q=1.5
- Low Filter: 80Hz, +/- 15dB, 2nd order shelving
- Solo/Mute: All Input Channels
- Channel Level Control: 100mm Faders
- Trim/Gain Control: Rotary Potentiometers
- Phantom Power: +48V Phantom individually switched
- Input Channels: Single tri-color 4-segment LED bargraph
- Outputs: 11 tri-color 12-segment LED bargraphs, + Meterpod with 3 VU meters (L/R/C)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- Measured RMS, 22Hz to 22kHz Bandwidth
- -128dBu Mic E.I.N. @ unity gain, 150 ohms souce impedance
- < -82dBu Mix Output, 40 inputs routed to mix
- < -83dBu Group & Center Outputs
- < -80dBu Aux Outputs
- < -89dBu Matrix Outputs
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.006%Mic sens. -30dBu, +20dBu at all outputs @ 1kHz
- Power Supply: Internal AC PSU - 85V, 270V AC, 50/60Hz universal input
- Power Consumption: less than 150W
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 65.59 x 9.23 x 25.83" (1666 x 235 x 656mm)
- Weight: 88.2 lbs. (40 kg)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.