View Full Description
Dual Channel Versatility
The Express 5:25+ features two channels with independent EQ and gain settings, letting you craft separate tones to switch to in an instant via the included remote footswitch. Channel 1 features Clean and Crunch voices, perfect for either crystal clean sounds or edge-of-breakup tones for blues playing and biting rhythms. Channel 2 takes the drive up a level with its Blues and Burn voices - ideal for saturated leads and articulate riffing. Blues mode is a particularly versatile voice that can be setup as a secondary 'clean' channel, letting you use a boost pedal to push the amp into increased saturation.
Multi-Watt Output Levels
Each channel features a 5/15/25-watt switch, letting you dial in the perfect level of power amp breakup and headroom. 5 watts provides a single EL84 power valve for true class-A, single-ended tone with beautiful harmonics and bloom. 15 watts features an additional EL84 valve, using class-A, push-pull operation. 25 watts opens the full range of the EL84 power amp for a rich A/B tone with an incredibly musical response with greater headroom.
The classic Mesa Boogie 5-band graphic EQ provides extensive tonal sculpting, assignable to each channel or remotely controlled via the footswitch. The EQ also features a 'preset' mode, where a built-in curve gives you enhanced top and low-end for a richer sound - independently assignable per channel.
Reverb, FX Loop, Boost
A tube-driven reverb gives your sound a lush ambience, while the buffered FX loop allows you to integrate your pedals with a clear signal. An additional Solo boost volume is perfect for important solo moments. The included remote footswitch lets you access multiple switchable functions on the fly - perfect for gigging players.
A marine-grade Baltic birch cab finished with rugged tolex and corner protectors makes the Express 5:25+ able to withstand a life of gigging and touring. The single Celestion Vintage 30 speaker projects your tone with an assertive tone, making this compact combo ideal for busy, gigging players.
Guitar Player Magazine
"Anyway you look at it, the Express 5:25 comes up a winner. This amp offers a bodacious amount of features for such a small package, and its power and dynamic responsiveness make it ideal for those who need a flexible amp that can really deliver in smaller venues."
Read the full review on the Guitar Player Website
About Mesa Boogie
Petaluma-based Mesa Boogie is an American amp manufacturing company, established in 1971 by Randall Smith as a small repair shop. After producing amplifiers for prominent early customers including Carlos Santana and Ron Wood, Mesa Boogie quickly gained a reputation as a high-end amp designer with its iconic Mark Series amplifiers, still produced today. Mesa Boogie is now a prolific company with a key range of amplifiers including the Mark series, the Rectifier series, and the Express line. With players in all genres from progressive metal to blues, rock, jazz, alt-rock and more, Mesa Boogie is widely regarded as one of the ultimate premium amplifier manufacturers, with a huge fan-base and diverse range of professional players.
- 2 channels with multi-watt 5/15/25 watts per channel
- Clean/Crunch and Blues/Burn channel voicings
- Independent channel EQ and gain/level
- Master 5-band graphic EQ - assignable per channel or footswitch
- Separate Solo boost level
- FX loop and all-tube reverb
- Marine-grade, Baltic birch cabinet
- Celestion 12'' Vintage 30 speaker
- Footswitch and fitted slip cover included
- Type: Valve
- Output Power: 25 Watts RMS Max - Switchable 5/15/25 Watts per channel
- Valves: 2 x EL-84 Power Tubes / 5 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Channels: 2
- Ch. 1 = Clean / Crunch
- Ch. 2 = Blues / Burn
- Channels 1+2: Voicing Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Master, EQ (On/Off/Footswitch), EQ Preset Depth, EQ (Preset/Sliders)
- EQ: (Hz) 80, 250, 750, 2200, 6600
- Master: Power, Standby, Solo Volume
- Footswitchable Functions: Channel Select, EQ, Solo, Reverb
- Connectivity: Guitar In (1/4''), Footswitch Input (7-pin), Individual Footswitch In (EQ, Solo, Reverb, Channel), FX Loop Send/Return
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 4 Ohm, 1 x 8 Ohm
- Speaker: 1 x 8 Ohm Celestion Vintage 30
- Chassis Material: Aluminium
- Cabinet Material: Marine-grade, Baltic Birch
- Accessories: Included - 4 Button Footswitch (Ch. 1/2, Reverb, EQ & Solo), Fitted Slip Cover
- Dimensions: 17 3/4'' H x 19'' W x 11 1/4'' D
- Weight: 20.41 Kg