dbx 162SL Stereo Compressor / Limiter with AutoVelocity
dbx 162SL Stereo Compressor / Limiter with AutoVelocityDetails
The same familiar striking front panel, machined from 1/4" aircraft aluminum, handcrafted solid aluminum knobs, LEDs mounted individually in machined stainless steel housings, custom VU meters with peak indicators, and heavy gauge chassis mark the 162SL as a leader for decades to come. The 162SL combines the best features of all the great dbx compressors, past and present, and gives you more versatile performance than ever before. In addition to having the auto attack and release as well as the hard knee threshold characteristics of the classic dbx 160, the 162SL offers AutoVelocity manual mode, in addition to our classic dbx OverEasy mode, made standard by the legendary dbx 165A. And speaking of the 165A, all of its features, including variable attack and release controls, as well as dbx’s latest limiting algorithm PeakStopPlus, are included in the 162SL.
Product Ref: 13402View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
- Super fast manual attack and release
- High-Drive Jensen output transformers
- Hard-knee/OverEasy switchable
- Ultra-low distortion compression for unheard of clarity even under extreme gain reduction
- Program-dependent "Auto," Patent-pending AutoVelocity Manual, or fully variable attack and release modes
The heart of any dynamics processor is its VCA. The dbx 162SL is no different. It features dual proprietary dbx VCA modules. This state-of-the-art implementation of dbx?s original Blackmer decilinear VCA boasts an unheard of dynamic range and ultra-low distortion seen only previously in the Blue 160SLs. With sonic clarity designed for the studio, the 162SL maintains its superior performance in harsh environments, pure enough for the studio, rugged enough for the road was the engineering motto of the Purple Series of Compressors / Limiters. Like it's big brother the 162SL, it takes full advantage of the best parts available and dbx's advanced manufacturing, including Jensen transformers on each output standard. Following in the footsteps of the Blue Series 160SL, with the Purple Series 162SL, dbx continues to create to the most technologically advanced compressors in the world.
- Connectors: XLR, 1/4" Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Max Input Level: 24dBu balanced
- Bandwidth >200 kHz
- Connectors: XLR, 1/4" transformer balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered Output Drive Capacity >24dBm
- Bandwidth: >200kHz
OVERALL UNIT SPECIFICATIONS
- Dynamic Range: >118dB
- Head Room: 20dB reference = +4dBu
- Signal to Noise: 96dB, reference = +4dBu
- THD+Noise: <0/008% at +4 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain
- Frequency Response: +0/-3 dB 2Hz - 200kHz +0/-0.1dB 20Hz - 20kHz
- Deviation from Linear Phase: <1 degree 20Hz - 20kHz
- Threshold range: -40 to +30dBu
- Ratio: 1:1 to infinity:1
- Threshold Characteristic: Selectable, OverEasy or hard knee
- Attack/Release Selectable manual or auto
- Threshold range: +4 to +24 dBu (off)
- Ratio: infinity:1
- Limiter Type: PeakStopPlus 2 stage limiter
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.