MXL Genesis Tube Condenser Microphone
MXL Genesis Tube Condenser MicrophoneDetails
Product Ref: 26219View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Narrow Cardiooid Polar Pattern
The MXL Genesis Tube Condenser Microphone is a professional tube microphone with a narrow cardiooid polar pattern for enhanced pickup in front of the mic, paired with a high sensetivity and extremely flat response. This makes the MXL Genesis Tube Mic ideal for recording a range of voice styles, in addition to instruments including guitars and more.
The MXL Genesis Tube Condenser Microphone boasts clean highs, whilst maintaining depth and colour in the low end, and warmth in the mids. A 150Hz, 6dB/octave low‑cut filter switch is also added on to the body of the microphone to provide reduced noise and fuzz whilst recording. To receive an even cleaner sound, the MXL Genesis Tube Mic includes a old‑plated pop screen to clip on to the mic body. Also included is an XLR cable, robust elastic cradle‑type shockmount, rigid stand‑clip, and external PSU.
“We recorded all of the vocals on the Pink Noise album with the MXL-V69. We loved the sound we got from it. We’ve had the Genesis in the studio for a while now, and it has a much fuller sound. The bottom end goes deeper and the vocals cut through the mix even more now. The next album (which we are recording now) will feature the Genesis so much that we may have to give it a credit on the album!”
Nude – Indie Pop,
- 2009 winner of Pro Audio Review's Excellence Award
- Vocal mic that gives singers a rich vintage sound
- Vintage Mullard 12AT7 tube that gives classic tonality
- Penetrating vocals that stay above the other tracks
- Mogami cable and wiring for exceptional audio fidelity
- Type: Tube condenser mic (Mullard 12AT7)
- Diaphragm: 6 micron gold-sputtered
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Capsule Size: 32mm / 1.26in
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Pre-Attenuation: Switch: 0dB, -10dB
- High Pass Filter: 6dB/octave @ 150Hz
- Equivalent Noise: 18dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- S/N Ratio: 78dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Max SPL for 0.5 THD: 130dB / 140dB (0dB, -10dB pad)
- Power Requirements: 110/220 VAC, 50-60Hz / Dedicated power supply included
- Metal Finish: Red with gold grill
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.