Focal CMS 50 Active Studio Monitor Speakers (Pair) with Stands
Focal CMS 50 Active Studio Monitor Speakers (Pair) with StandsDetails
Focal's CMS 50 is the most compact studio monitor in the Focal Professional range. The monitor offers ultra realistic voicing and optimum acoustic integration into a small room, making it the perfect tool for post production and home studios. Even in the biggest and best studios many choose this award winning monitor as a second monitoring system allowing a quick check of translation to smaller speakers.
Includes a pair of Studio Monitor Stands.
Product Ref: 39765View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The CMS 50 is part of Focal's compact CMS range with acoustically transparent Aluminium enclosures optimised for maximum rigidity and damping. The Polyglass cone, developed by Focal themselves, is designed for neutral sound with no colouration. The AI/Mg inverted dome tweeter portrays the width, depth and ccuracy of the soundstage.
The CMS 50's woofer amplication unit with 80W rms/0.05 THD provides sound transparency and power in the mid/bass register whilst the Tweeter power unit with 50W rms/19V/ms slew rate reproduces the tiniest details of your audio. The monitor has numerous settings (Parametric filter, high-pass filters, bass level, treble level...) for optimum acoustic integration.
The CMS50's design permits listening from 50cm away, while still keeping the possibility of having the monitors at a great distance from each another without damaging the soundstage. The 5" mid-woofer reaches down to 55Hz, whilst offering a controlled bass and a linear midrange. The midrange register of the CMS 50 has impressive neutrality and the Al-Mg inverted dome tweeter offers outstanding dynamics and a degree of definition in the treble that allows precise measurement of reverb and other effects which are normally very difficult to assess.
The Focal CMS monitors have fixing points which are compatible with K&M® and Omnimount® fixing kits so you have numerous integration possibilities whther you want your monitors on a stand, ceiling, wall or other structure.
- 2 way bi-amplified near field professional monitoring systems
- Neutral, dynamic and detailed sound for optimum reproduction
- Deep, large and precise soundstage
- Numerous settings and fixing accessories for acoustic and aesthetic integration without compromise
- Acoustically treated aluminum box offering perfect sound transparency
- Compact systems combining easy installation and irreproachable sound quality
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3dB) 55Hz - 28kHz
- Maximum SPL: 107dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Type/Impedance: Balanced 20 kOhms / Unbalanced 47 kOhm
- Connector: XLR / RCA
- LF Amplifier Stage: 80W rms, class AB
- HF amplifier Stage: 50W rms, class AB
- Mains Voltage: 220-230V (1.6A fuse rating)
- Connection: IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu / 0 / -10dBV
- Sound Level: Adjustable, -66dB / 0dB
- High Pass Filter: Adjustable, idle / 45 / 60 / 90Hz (12dB / oct.)
- LF shelving: Adjustable, 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- HF shelving: Adjustable, 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- Desktop notch: (160Hz) - Adjustable, 0 / -2 / -4 / -6dB
- Power: Power ON / OFF switch, mains voltage selector
- Standby: Standby / ON switch
- Power ON / OFF: Switch
- Power ON / OFF LED
- Audio clip LED
- Woofer: 5" Focal drive unit, Polyglass cone
- High Frequency: Aluminum-Magnesium inverted dome Focal tweeter
- Shielding: Integral by cancellation magnet design
- Construction: Reinforced and damped die cast aluminum cabinet
- Finish: Black Powder Coating
- Dimensions with 4 rubber spikes: (HxWxD) - 289.5 x 190 x 201mm
- 1 decoupling table stand
- 4 rubber feet
- 2 height adjustable spikes
- 1 phase optimization plug (tweeter) - It is recommended you remove all grilles and fit the phase plug
- 2 removable grilles (tweeter and woofer)
MS200 Studio Monitor Stands
- Professional-grade isolated studio monitor stands
- Telescoping column for height adjustment
- Solid metal speaker platform
- Heavy base with carpet spikes
- 40 lbs maximum speaker load
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.