Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII
Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1 MKIIDetails
The Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII is a drum machine based on four original drum synthesis methods. It contains everything needed to create the perfect beat right out of the box. The range of different synthesis methods serves as the foundation of the sound generation possibilities of the Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII.
Product Ref: 17099View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
These methods cater for an impressive range of sounds, but it doesn't stop there. Add the track effects, the resonant multi mode filters and the LFO's and you will be able to come up with any percussive sound imaginable. Use the sequencer to both control and shape sounds in great detail. It is one of the most flexible ever made. Thanks to the customizable nature of the Machinedrum you can also use it to sequence external gear. It can function as the brains of any MIDI based studio or live setup.
The Machinedrum can also be used as an extremely potent effects unit. The two audio inputs will let you process, twist and bend external sounds until they sound like nothing else. This will for sure breathe new life in your other equipment. The Machinedrum SPS-1 MKII has a bigger brother, the SPS-1UW+ MKII. They are almost identical, but the SPS-1UW+ MKII also features a sampling engine and a +Drive. The +Drive greatly expands the storage capabilities. If you require more storage, the SPS-1 MKII can be upgraded with a +Drive.
The secret of the Machinedrum sequencer lies in the way it operates. It offers complete control of the sound engine while at the same time being a creative tool in itself. All synthesis, track effect, routing and master effect parameters can be affected by the sequencer. Note data and parameter changes can of course be recorded in real time.
A parameter lock is automation data on a per note basis. For example, all kick drum note trigs in a pattern could have different decay lengths or different filter and pitch settings. Almost all Machinedrum parameters can be locked. Take advantage of this powerful feature to make the most out of the Machinedrum.
Each Machinedrum track has its own effect block. It consists of an amplitude modulator, a 1 band EQ a flexible resonant multi mode filter, a sample rate reducer and a distortion effect. All effects can be used simultaneously. Control their parameters with the sequencer or with the LFO's and create ever-evolving rhythmic sounds.
Master Effects system
The stereo Master Effects system consists of the Rhythm echo delay, the Gate box reverb, the Dynamix dynamic processor and the Master EQ. They can affect all tracks routed through the main output. These effects are ideal for adding that final touch to a pattern. The Master Effect parameters can of course be controlled from the sequencer.
The Machinedrum sequencer is able to control other MIDI equipped gear in great detail. The powerful parameter locks, the LFOs and numerous other functions are available when MIDI sequencing. Nearly all parameters and functions of the Machinedrum are possible to control from external devices as well. No matter how you like to work: The Machinedrum adapts.
This is drum synthesis in a class of its own.
Drum Voice Features (x16)
- 1x Specialized machine
- 1x Amplitude modulator
- 1x 1-band EQ
- 1x Resonant 24 dB LP/BP/HP filter
- 1x Sample rate reducer effect
- 1x Distortion effect
- 2x Master effects sends
- 1x Assignable LFO
- 16 tracks
- Up to 64 steps per pattern
- Swing, slide, accent
- 64 possible parameter locks on each pattern step
- Full realtime control
- Full MIDI support
- 384 MIDI controllable parameters
- 128 Snapshots (+Drive)
- 128 Sample banks (+Drive)
- 128 Patterns per Snapshot
- 128 Kits per Snapshot
- 32 Songs per Snapshot
- 48 ROM sample slots per Sample bank
- 4 real time sampling RAM machines per Sample bank
- 2,5 Mb sample memory per Sample bank
- Rhythm Echo delay
- Gatebox reverb
- Hi/Lo-shelf + parametric EQ
- Dynamix compressor
- 5 MD synthesis methods
- 12 bit sampling engine
- 46 individual audio generating machines
- GND basic waveform synthesis
- TRX retro beatbox synthesis
- EFM enhanced feedback modulation synthesis
- E12 sampled percussion synthesis
- P-I physical modelling synthesis
- 128x64 pixel backlit LCD
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 6 x 1/4" impedance balanced audio out jacks
- 2 x 1/4" audio in jacks
- 1 x 1/4" stereo headphone jack
- Advanced dual DSP system
- 44.1kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
- Flash-EEPROM upgradable OS
Balanced Audio Outputs
- Main out level: +15dBu
- Assignable outs level: +10dBu
- Output impedance: 100 Ω unbalanced
- S/N ratio: 100dBFS (20-20.000Hz)
Unbalanced Audio Inputs
- Input level: +7dBu maximum
- Audio input impedance: 9 k Ω
- SNR inputs: 98dBFS (20-20.000Hz)
- Unit power consumption: 8W typical, 18W max.
- Recommended power supply: 6V DC, 3A
- Steel casing with brushed aluminium panel
- Dimensions: W340xD181xH63mm (13.4x7x2.4") (including, audio outputs, knobs and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 2.8 kg
- Printed user's manual
- 3 year Elektron warranty
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.