Audio Technica ATM250DE Dual-Element Instrument Microphone
Audio Technica ATM250DE Dual-Element Instrument MicrophoneDetails
The Artist Series new kick-drum mic, the ATM250DE dual-element instrument microphone features cardioid condenser and hypercardioid dynamic capsules combined in a single housing. Audio-Technica's innovative use of two polar patterns is ideal for kick drum: the hypercardioid dynamic element focuses tightly on the aggressive attack of the beater, while the condenser captures the round tonalities of the shell.
Product Ref: 19086View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically impossible to achieve with two separate microphones. Includes a professional isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
The ATM250DE is intended for use in professional applications where remote power is available. It requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power only to the condenser output of the supplied cable.
Output from the microphone's 5-pin XLRM-type connector is low impedance (Lo-Z) balanced. The included 5.0 m (16.5') shielded cable features a 5-pin XLRF-type input connector and two standard 3-pin XLRM-type output connectors. The balanced signals appear across Pins 2 and 3 (condenser) and Pins 4 and 5 (dynamic). Pin 1 is ground (shield). Output is phased so that positive acoustic pressure produces positive voltage at Pins 2 and 4.
To avoid phase cancellation and poor sound, all mic cables must be wired consistently: Pin 1-to-Pin 1, etc.
An integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter on the condenser element provides easy switching from a flat frequency response to a low-end roll-off. The roll-off position reduces the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.), room reverberation and mechanically-coupled vibrations.
The ATM250DE's condenser element is also equipped with a switchable 10 dB pad that lowers the microphone's sensitivity, thus providing higher SPL capability for flexible use with a wide range of performers and system configurations.
The ATM250DE includes an AT8471 isolation clamp to provide secure mounting, versatile positioning and effective dampening of unwanted mechanical noise.
- Audio-Technica's proven dual-element design features two elements (condenser and dynamic) enclosed in a single housing
- Neodymium dynamic element provides punch and attack, while the condenser element captures the full audio spectrum
- Elements are positioned in a perfect phase relationship, something practically unachievable with two separate microphones
- Perfect for kick drum, guitar amps and instrument use
- Integral 80 Hz HPF switch and 10 dB pad (condenser element)
- Versatile mounting options and effective dampening of mechanical noise thanks to included AT8471 isolation clamp
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Frequency Response: 40-20,000 Hz (condenser) 40-15,000 Hz (dynamic)
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave (condenser)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 49 dB (3.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (condenser) -53 dB (2.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (dynamic)
- Impedance: 50 ohms (condenser) 600 ohms (dynamic)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. (condenser)
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (condenser)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa (condenser)
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 3.5 mA typical (condenser)
- Weight: 320 g (11.3 oz)
- Dimensions: 143.6 mm (5.65") long, 55.0 mm (2.17") diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 5.0 m (16.5') dual shielded, 8-conductor cable, 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone, two 3-pin XLRM-type output connectors
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.