In addition to our renowned Triple Strike Grand Piano, the PC3 features hundreds of new sounds; basses, drums, guitars, and synths suited for every style and taste, along with a collection of flawless vintage keyboard emulations, KB3 Mode and over 250 orchestral and string section programs.
The PC3's new Dynamic V.A.S.T. architecture is a huge step forward in synthesis, the fruit of several major strides we've made in improving processing power, flexibility and user-friendliness. Good news for synth enthusiasts - we've seamlessly integrated our legendary VA-1 Virtual Analog Synthesizer into the new system!
The included unlimited-track sequencer with 960 PPQ resolution and more effects processing power than our acclaimed KSP8 processor, makes the PC3 a full blown music production workstation. Add in USB, flash xD card port, a newly designed keyboard action, and a new intuitive user interface, and you've got the next generation of Kurzweil instruments.
One thing which clearly sets Kurzweil apart from the competition is the fact that we design our own chips (called ASICs) for all Kurzweil products. Simply put, our chips are customized for optimum audio performance. What does this mean for the end user? It means that all of the processing power in a Kurzweil chip is devoted exclusively to sound. It means no noticeable latency - the performance is always lightning fast. And most importantly, it translates into that rich, full, glitch-free sound for which Kurzweil has become famous. Yes developing our own chips is more expensive and more time consuming. We think it's well worth it. Once you've heard the PC3, we think you'll agree.
The Kurzweil Sound
The PC3 offers an enormous sound set of over 850 programs, raising the bar once again for both audio quality and variety. With the best samples in the industry, and a powerful, responsive synth engine breathing life into them, you'll feel like you're playing an actual instrument, not just playing samples. Of course there's the famous Kurzweil Triple Strike Piano, with dozens of variations to accommodate every kind of player. All of the basic sounds - basses, guitars, drums, horns and synths - have been painstakingly programmed to reflect the needs of today's professional players, representing a broad selection of styles and flavors from the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s and today.
For more vintage firepower, the PC3 is equipped with the most advanced version of Kurzweil's widely lauded KB3 Mode tonewheel organ simulator, which screams, sputters and sizzles just like the original. In addition to newly developed Leslie effects, and a new bank of B3 programs, we've also included sounds from the classic Vox and Farfisa combo organs. The PC3's 9 sliders provide real-time drawbar control.
While the PC3's user interface may look familiar to veteran Kurzweil users, major improvements have been made, allowing for a much more user friendly experience. The PC3's backlit 240 x 64 display conveys all the information you'll need, when you need it, in an elegant, easy to navigate environment.
In addition to fast navigation, each preset sound is accompanied by an "Info" screen which can be accessed at the touch of a button. As every sound can have its own customized set of real-time, physical controllers (sliders, modwheel, switches, CC Pedals, mono pressure, etc.), the Info button makes viewing the current assignments effortless.
Helping to tap the system's full potential, the PC3 also sports a feature-laden software-based Desktop Editor with comprehensive, easy to use features. (free download- both Mac & PC platforms available)
- Legendary Triple Strike Grand Piano, plus other keyboards
- Amazing new features in version 1.3
- Hundreds of additional sounds
- Amazing effects power
- Powerful onboard sequencer
- Custom-designed chips for premium sound quality
- Incredibly powerful Dynamic V.A.S.T. synth engine
- VA-1 Virtual Analog Synthesizer built in
- Revamped, easy-to-use interface
- Keyboard: 76 note semi-weighted-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys. (Fatar TP8)
- Display: 240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Desktop Editor: Mac and PC platforms (free download)
- Factory Presets: 1074 Stunning Factory Presets (download full "object list" here)
- General MIDI: Standard
- User Memory: 2000 locations for user objects.
- Sound ROM Expansion Slots: 2
- Analog Outputs: Four 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs).
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output.
- Digital Outputs:24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192-kHz modes.
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
- USB: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3 to load/save user data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
- Flash Memory Port: xD card. Store/load user data as well as perform OS updates. (see compatibility spec here)
- FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via USB or flash memory card.
- Height: (4.33") (11.00 cm)
- Depth: (13.98") (35.50 cm)
- Length: (47.75") (121.29 cm)
- Weight: (37.35 lb.) (16.94 kg)
- Internal AC power supply.
- Selectable 120/240V AC operation.