Boss ST-2 Power Stack Effects Pedal
Boss ST-2 Power Stack Effects PedalDetails
Authentic amp stack sounds from a stomp box - From fat crunch to ultra high-gain distortion, the ST-2 Power Stack delivers famous Boss distortion with a stunning amount of power that's akin to tube amps and professional amp stacks. The SOUND knob simultaneously blends gain amount and sound character, so you can quickly dial up anything from vintage crunch and punchy drive to full-assault distortion. To add further detail to your tone, simply tweak the onboard two-band EQ to taste. The ST-2 is one very unique distortion pedal, calling on Boss years of amp modelling research to bring you real stack sounds in a compact stomp box.
Product Ref: 18085View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The ST-2 delivers the playing feel and power that are hallmarks of stack amps. It was derived from Boss' extensive analysis of the sound and characteristics of a vast number of classic guitar amps. This distortion effect delivers authentic tone and expression that responds naturally to picking nuances and volume changes on your guitar. But emulation is only the beginning, as the ST-2 has the ability to go beyond the sound of real amps.
Crunch, drive, ultra high gain
The ST-2 lets you enjoy a rich, clean tone when playing soft, and a smooth transition into a fat crunch as you play harder - great for rock ballads or songs that require dramatic tone shifts. Imagine the powerful, driving sound of a stack amplifier. An authentic classic-rock tone is here as well, with crisp overtones. Turn up the SOUND knob for a heavy-metal tone. The ST-2 allows extreme high gain, but offers a powerful low-end and sharp edge at the same time.
The SOUND knob is a controller unique to Boss. Set it to the tone type you're looking for and it not only changes gain but sound character as well, from brisk crunch and spectacular drive to earth-shaking ultra high gain.
Road-Tough Boss Build Quality
Boss compact pedals are world-famous for their great sound as well as their road-tough construction, consistency, and reliability. The ST-2 inherits this proven design, offering guitarists a solidly constructed pedal that's built to withstand decades of demanding use.
- Original distortion sound reminiscent of tube-based stack amplifiers
- Provides a wide range of tones, from vintage crunch to ultra high-gain modern distortion
- Faithful and accurate response to picking nuances and volume changes
- SOUND Knob controls both gain level and sound character
- Two-band EQ with dedicated BASS and TREBLE knobs
- Road-tough BOSS construction
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohm or greater
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) - Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) - AC Adaptor (optional)
- Current Draw: 36 mA (DC 9 V)
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: 3 hours - Alkaline: 10 hours - These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.0
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Size and Weight ( incl. battery ):
- Width: 73 mm 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm 2-3/8 inches
- Weight:440g/1 lbs.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.